• Dave Schwartz
    TO OWN YOUR HANDICAPPING DAY...
    You must win the battle of the of The Low Odds Horses.
    To win the battle of the low-odds horses, you must own the bet-against favorites.
    Your BA routine matters more for your success than almost anything else.

If you don't get this right, you're sabotaging yourself before you even start.

That's why I've spent years researching what causes a low-odds horse to lose money.

Over the last 5 years, I've watched the whales dominate the game more and more. So much so that their wagers (and the resulting odds shifts) have destroyed the paradigm that handicappers have used for decades: Create a line and bet into the tote board.

Initially, I was able to find one horse every three races that were bet against. (BAs as I call them.) Those horses for years returned $0.89 for every $2 wagered - a loss of 55 cents per wagered dollar. Now, I've expanded it to over 50% of all races, but they lose a little less: about 40%.

Imagine what happens when you can identify a big-time losing proposition that is backed by 30% to 70% of the pool. It's called POOL RECOVERY.

Effectively, backers of the BA horse are paying your takeout!

I know that many players MISTAKENLY BELIEVE they can accomplish this by simply tossing all the low-odds horses. Since they are tossing them all, they've gained nothing. The fact is that the horses they are tossing out are actually the best bets at the race track because they lose less than the higher odds horses.

If you've feeling stuck in your handicapping...
    And you KNOW that there's another level you could reach.
    A level where you are actually WINNING and handicapping in LESS time.
    You're right.

The only thing standing between you and your handicapping goals are the systems and routines you're using right now.

I'll close with this...
    You cannot win in The Whale Era with handicapping strategies from the 1990s.

Very true, Dave. We should all read your message every wagering day.

It appears to me that most people are doing one (or both) of two things:

1) Betting the "best horse", regardless of whether it is logical as to winning TODAY.
    2) Betting against the tote, as you allude.

Both make a profit very unlikely. Your strategy is the better path.
  • RanchWest
    I just ran across this quote:

The distance between your dreams and reality is called action.

Hope this is not seen as hijacking the thread, but I think it fits here.
  • Biniak
    Dave/Ranch,

I COMPLETELY agree on this principle. We should be heavily researching the races with a positive expectancy (to draw from my financial background). Everyone on the forum would immediately turn into a winning player if they mastered the "BA LO horse" and Dave you should copyright/patent your term for this situation!
  • Dave Schwartz

BALO - I like it!

[edit]
    Added as a hashtag in the original post.
  • RanchWest
    How do we find the BA LO horse?
  • Dave Schwartz
    The video provided 2 solid ways.
  • Biniak
    One was a lack of early speed and the other was Jockey/trainer combo (but only on weekdays).
  • Biniak
    Wanna hear something funny? Actually, have you ever asked someone that question and get a "NO" for a response?

That's not what's really funny. I didn't have my glasses on when you wrote

BALO - I like it!Dave Schwartz

I read it as BALD - I like it!

What is #BALO for?
  • Dave Schwartz

The "#BALO" is a hashtag which makes it searchable.

"BALO" means "Bet Against Low Odds."

How do we find the BA LO horse?RanchWest
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube