• Dave Schwartz
    5wx177yn9slvs4mp.jpg
    "I hit a $1 Tri board box yesterday in the big race, by using the all button. When all less fails, hit the all button!"

This post was met with some interesting disdainful comments.
    Understand that I am not criticizing these people. This is a teaching exercise.

"That's almost like not even really winning"
    This one is my favorite.

Imagine Tiger Woods in a PGA tournament.
    • He hits a long iron on his second shot over some water - that water is his primary concern.
    • It lands on the green well behind the cup and its backspin is running back towards the hole and the water.
    • On its way to the water, it ricochets off another ball.
    • Instead of going into the water, it hits the pin and gives Tiger a birdie.

Tiger laughs at his good fortune.
    It's all part of the game.

It actually CAN BE great handicapping...
    ...providing that you know when to do it.
    (Not joking.)
    CHAOS RACES are a perfect example - although I typically do not play everybody. Instead, I'd play all the horses over about 3/1 or 7/2.

Okay, this is actually my favorite response.
    (Because it is mine. LOL)

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
  • RanchWest
    The objective is to make a profit. I say well done.
  • Steven
    I’ve heard better lucky than good.
  • Dave Schwartz
    I’ve heard better lucky than good.Steven

Point taken.
    If only that worked it the long run, right? LOL
  • Tony Kofalt
    Not the only story I heard like that today. Although I couldn't see the ticket well enough to determine exactly was bet I was made aware of 2 friends the keyed Zandon and Epicenter on the board wheeling the balance of the field in the first 3 holes. They made nice scores and I can't knock them. Well done.
  • Phillip Hill
    A lucky man …. I charge that one out to dumbo Luck lol
  • Handiman
    It doesn't matter how you did it. A gazillion people bet that race and very few had the winner obviously. If you walked up to the window and cashed a ticket on that race then Kudos to you. Doesn't matter if you got a tip from a drunk horse walker or you got a tip from Mr. Ed cashing a ticket is what counts in this game. And for those of you too young to get the reference, Mr. Ed was a talking horse on tv in the 60's I believe.
  • Biniak
    Handiman,

Boy, you are showing your age.
  • RanchWest
    Boy, you are showing your age.Biniak

Watch it! :lol:
  • RanchWest
    As Johnny Oates said, luck is when preparation and opportunity meet.
  • Dave Schwartz
    It doesn't matter how you did it. A gazillion people bet that race and very few had the winner obviously. If you walked up to the window and cashed a ticket on that race then Kudos to you. Doesn't matter if you got a tip from a drunk horse walker or you got a tip from Mr. Ed cashing a ticket is what counts in this game. And for those of you too young to get the reference, Mr. Ed was a talking horse on tv in the 60's I believe.Handiman

After all, you were smart enough to listen to him, right?
  • RanchWest
    Oh, Wilbur!
  • Handiman
    hahahahahaha!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.