• Mark
    One of the things I like to do is watch handicapping videos. One thing I’ve noticed is that Dave Schwartz and Michael Pizzolla have two totally different styles. Michael says if a race doesn’t have value he doesn’t play it. Dave says he plays them all! no race is unplayable! Here's Pizzolla's Preakness rant. I always give him credit for these because he does them before the race. Who's style would you say your playing style is more like? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaXfYto4Tys
  • William Zayonce
    That was a good chuckle! Its my view that any race in which an individual can't find a play acceptable to them, is "unplayable" . I choose to pick my spots rather than playing every race but everyone has to find their own comfort level.
  • RanchWest
    I am curious as to how Pizzolla defines value. If he's measuring against the tote board, the whales can eat him up. If he's waiting for a horse that will obviously go off at a good price, he'll need to have a lot of patience. I do have some unplayable races, but not many.
  • Mark
    I've been apart of the wizards forum before and there getting there prices most of the time.
  • Dave Schwartz
    One of the things I like to do is watch handicapping videos. One thing I’ve noticed is that Dave Schwartz and Michael Pizzolla have two totally different styles. Michael says if a race doesn’t have value he doesn’t play it. Dave says he plays them all! no race is unplayable! Here's Pizzolla's Preakness rant. I always give him credit for these because he does them before the race. Who's style would you say your playing style is more like?Mark

Key point is that all races have a way to play them.

They can be quantified as:
    1. Bet Against 1.21
    Bet Against a horse projected to be less than 1.22:1
    This race is considered chaotic and there will be no handicapping.
    (Can't have a Chaos Race with less than 7 horses.)

2. Bet Against Low Odds (BALO)
    Bet Against a horse projected to be less than 3/1
    This race will be a conventional Contender Selection race, after the BALO horse(s) have been removed.

3. Single 1.21
    Race with a 1.21 horse who deserves to be singled.

BTW, I used to do quite a few Live Play Sessions but only for HSH users.
    When I release Studio I'll go back to doing them.
  • Handiman
    I believe a players style hinges on their personality. Some are grinders and others are splash players going for the big score. And then there are those in between. I don't believe people can play for any length of time opposite of their personality.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.

More Discussions