• Tony Kofalt
    I think it's always a good idea to track your wagering results in horse racing. If you don't keep records and then review them from time to time it's easy for this game to slip away from you.
    2022 was a very trying year for myself both personally and professionally. In January of 2022, I went through a personal issue that left me fighting depression and anxiety. It became difficult to focus on my wagering and the work that came with it.

2022 EOY results
    • 2022 handle was down over 50% from prior year(s)
    • Year end total ROI was exactly 20% and the $Net was 2.4.
    • Highest $Net of 3.4 was achieved wagering on P5's
    • Second highest $Net of 2.37 came from Win bets
    • I was a loser in both P3 and P4 wagering pools with $Nets of 0.86 and 1.66 respectively.

Observations:
    • Reduced handle was due my struggle with anxiety and depression.
    • Low $Net in P3 and P4 wagers was a surprise. Appears to be due to poor decisions regarding value.
    • Handle on Win bets was up significantly from prior years as was the profit!!
    • P5's continue to be my most profitable plays

Please feel free to ask any questions or add to this conversation.
  • Dave Schwartz

How about I start with prayers & best wishes for a better 2023 for you and yours?
  • William Zayonce
    @Tony Kofalt
    Here's hoping your 2023 is significantly less stressful from a personal perspective.
  • Dave Schwartz
    2022 EOY results
    2022 handle was down over 50% from prior year(s)
    Year end total ROI was exactly 20% and the $Net was 2.4.
    Highest $Net of 3.4 was achieved wagering on P5's
    Second highest $Net of 2.37 came from Win bets
    I was a loser in both P3 and P4 wagering pools with $Nets of 0.86 and 1.66 respectively.

Observations:
    Reduced handle was due my struggle with anxiety and depression.
    Low $Net in P3 and P4 wagers was a surprise. Appears to be due to poor decisions regarding value.
    Handle on Win bets was up significantly from prior years as was the profit!!
    P5's continue to be my most profitable plays
    Tony Kofalt

When I tell people that this is how the professional & winning players do it - "Tony the K" is the epitome of that.

Can you see how there is zero AVOIDANCE OF REALITY in all this?

That's the absolute starting point to succeeding at betting.

I know guys who keep more stats about their wagering, but I don't know anyone who looks at them as often as Tony.
  • Tony Kofalt

Thank you William!! I feel as if I'm heading in the right direction.
  • Tony Kofalt

Thank you Dave! I appreciate the feedback and good wishes
  • RanchWest

Really glad you did well. It is really impressive how well you are able to evaluate both your professional and private life. Not many people are able to do that.

As you have found, for any solid handicapper who can bankroll the P5, it is a great wager because your expertise puts you ahead of so many in the pools. Most people can get one or two in a P5 sequence, but it takes a dedicated person to catch all 5. Granted that sometimes it takes a little luck, but as Johnny Oates stated, luck is when preparation and opportunity meet.

Happy New Year and best wishes for 2023.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment