• RanchWest
    The connections of Rich Strike have announced that they will skip the Preakness and point to the Belmont. Seems like a good decision for the horse.
  • Tony Kofalt
    IMO- it's hard to criticize a trainer for opting to give a horse a little more rest between starts, especially if they fully intend to run him back in a few more weeks. I applaud having the guts to skip the Preakness when industry pressure exists.
    From a fans and Pimlico's perspective it would be great to have an opportunity for a Triple Crown winner.
  • Biniak
    IMO it would have been difficult to repeat his KD performance and I appreciate an owner and trainer being on the same page with respect to a horse's welfare.

I am not sure if anyone has visited Pimlico recently (I went out there on Thursday), they were using a crane to install the annual black screen (1/2 the length of the stretch) to hide the outdoor grandstand seats, I used to love sitting there back in the 70's. It's a real shame they get a TC race.
  • RanchWest
    Yes, the horse's shortest previous rest was 22 days and his median rest was 33 days. So, passing on a shorter rest is completely reasonable to me.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Yes, the horse's shortest previous rest was 22 days and his median rest was 33 days. So, passing on a shorter rest is completely reasonable to meRanchWest

Interesting.
    Do you find those numbers to have significance?
  • RanchWest
    Interesting.
    Do you find those numbers to have significance?
    Dave Schwartz

Well, I haven't nailed down anything highly significant in handicapping, but for a trainer with millions of dollars on the line, I can appreciate his decision.
  • Mark
    This basically tells me they know the derby was a fluke! No owner or trainer would stop there horse from possibly winning the triple crown unless the horse is hurt!
  • RanchWest
    This basically tells me they know the derby was a fluke! No owner or trainer would stop there horse from possibly winning the triple crown unless the horse is hurt!Mark

Conversely, the horse has only won a Maiden Claimer at less than 10 furlongs and has never raced on a quick turnaround. Why not set the horse up for potential success?
  • Dustin Korth

It's "Pace makes the race"...not "Pace makes it a fluke."
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.