• Steven
    I'm sure someone has read Kinky Handicapping. What exactly is it about? I sort of assume that given the name it's some sort of system/methodology, that is far outside the boundaries of conventional handicapping and thinking.
  • Steven
    _nnrfvXSiw7yevGoWgGU7Jj4tS5jcpXNhFtxMqKd1jk.jpg?auto=webp&s=6648294490b71cb82098d30f7e1c22947378543a

Just wanted to bump the thread.
  • Tony Kofalt

Steven- I read the book some 25 years ago. I enjoyed reading everything Mark Cramer wrote. Like the old Cramer-Olmstead reports!!!
    But I'm sorry to say I cant recall the contents of the book clearly. I can say that I enjoyed all his stuff. I will look through my library to see if I still have a copy laying around
  • Tony Kofalt

Steven, I looked for my copy of Kinky Handicapping and I can not locate it. Seems many things got misplaced as a result of a move.
  • RanchWest
    Tony, spring cleaning can be such an adventure. lol
  • Steven
    Thanks Tony. I appreciate your efforts.
  • Conley
    A suggestion that people could start is if you are looking for a book (just like this example) you can post in a thread asking for it and then whoever has it can exchange details.

I know it’s pretty well what is above but it could work out in future things.

Another idea could be that if someone here was willing to sell books that others might be interested in reading that could be one idea. That way when the person who is WANTING the book can read it and then give a full detailed analysis on how they liked disliked the book.

Thoughts?
  • Tony Kofalt

Good idea Conley!! I know I have a copy of kinky handicapping but I cant find it.
  • Conley
    Good idea Conley!! I know I have a copy of kinky handicapping but I cant find it.Tony Kofalt

Thanks Tony. I just thought thet could be a thread where someone requests books that someone has and could exchange with someone or when someone is having a “garage sale” and wanting others here to have a chance to get a hold of some good titles.
  • Tom
    I found my copy.
    The premise of the book is that various handicapping situations are described by "Kinky" comparisons.
    Some of the chapter titles are:

The Inaccurate Conception-Will the horse that was the fastest be the fastest.

Can there be intense action without love? -The tote board in lesser-of-evils races

Menage A Trois - How to manage when there is more than one overlay scenario for the same race

Secret Affairs - The obscure trainer mutuel fund

All in all, a good book with lot of good ideas, even years later.
  • Steven
    Thanks Tom. That’s most interesting and thank you for the info.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment