• Deleted User
    I was just curious Dave, if you were updating this for 2024, otherwise the 2022 version, does it come with all the updated evaluations?. Secondly, On another part of the blog here, I had asked when or hope to release the determinator. Thirdly, Will it allow for the user to have input or say in any of the handicapping process?
  • Dave Schwartz
    I was just curious Dave, if you were updating this for 2024, otherwise the 2022 version, does it come with all the updated evaluations?.

No Updates.
    It is very labor intensive, so perhaps every 8-10 years.

Secondly, On another part of the blog here, I had asked when or hope to release the determinator.

Still working hard on it.
    There is an old saying: "Being a programmer means never having to say you're finished."

Always seems to be a month away.
    Getting close to demo time.
    Remember that the AI is completely written.

Thirdly, Will it allow for the user to have input or say in any of the handicapping process?

Absolutely!
    In fact, there is far more than there is in HSH.

Also, all 3,000+ factors are ranks, too.

It is not designed as a black box, although that's what a few people want.

It is designed to give you a true INFORMATIONAL ADVANTAGE.
    That is, information that nobody has - not even the whales.

For example, consider Quirin's Early Speed Points.
    Across all races, the top-ranked ES horse runs within a length of the lead at the first call 56.4% of the time.

I tasked the AI to create a new factor to better that. It considered 800 BILLION combinations and combined 2 factors together that raised that to 65%!

It added roughly 75 new factors to the system. I've only vetted a few because it is a lot of work. Those new factors all need to be vetted and named. So, for the first few months after release, there will be factor upgrades.
  • Deleted User
    Cool... happy belated New Year and Holidays. As always, thanks for the insight and feedback and answering. look forward to having more over the New year.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Thank you.
    I hope 2024 goes into your record book as the BEST YEAR EVER.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment