• Dave Schwartz
    My software is pretty much finished under the hood but am now working on output.

However, there is one last feature I need help with: NOTE TAKING.

Anything you can suggest or offer would be appreciated.

1. Do you take notes either by hand or in software?

2. Do you have knowledge of software with really good note-taking features?

3. What features would you like to see in software for note taking?
  • Jim Pommier
    1. I take notes by hand. I usually don't sit and wager. I simply jot down picks, wagers and notes on a piece of notebook paper. Move on to other things or fold it up and put it into my backpack. Then review the next day. But I'm a causal horse player.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Do you keep the notes?
  • Tony Kofalt
    1. Do you take notes either by hand or in software?
    I have made a few changes but I use DRF Formulator and the DRF Horse watch. I do not print either of these on the PP's. I use the Formulator notes to review the track tendancies (if any) on-line and make appropriate notes on my hard copy form. The reason I don't just print all notes is to limit the amount of printing as notes add a printed line whenever they are present.

2. Do you have knowledge of software with really good note-taking features?
    I have found the note taking features in the DRF products meet my needs.

3. What features would you like to see in software for note taking?
    To minimize printing and keep the PP's clean, I like the option of not having to print or display notes.
  • Jim Pommier
    Yes, but only for a few days. Right now-- I like to track and review different handicapping factors and groupings. Lately-- high trainer win %, high trainer/jockey win %, high earnings per start, high class rating and high horse win and in the money percentages. Have been using Worth's (TIPS) earnings and class calculations. Horses that rank high in these categories do go off at low odds, but seem to consistently finish in the money. In the Saratoga discussion, I put picks last week for Wed, Thu and Fri. Next is trying to determine if vertical or horizontal wagers will work versus simple W/P/S.
  • Dave Schwartz
    That's a big step towards understanding what people want and could use.
    Thank you.

I'm trying to design something that allows for almost free-form notes.

I think that the key is to have them readily available - so you don't have to go looking.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.