• Dave Schwartz
    I know some people will say, "That's too complicated," but the truth is you already subscribe to this on some level.

If you didn't you'd believe that a 4f dash for 2-year old maidens could be handicapped exactly the same way as the Kentucky Derby.
    If you ask most people what Race Shape means, they will describe something that has to do with the pace of the race; or how the race figures to be run.

Iin order to be truly competitive in the Whale Era, one must become expert at SEGMENTING RACES according to THEIR OWN CONCLUSIONS ABOUT THE RACE WELL BEYOND THE PACE SHAPE.

Like most players, the whales have adopted this strategy:
    • Make a line for each horse
    • Bet into the tote board.
    So, if it's good for the whales, why not for you?
    Because you are not that good.
    Neither am I.

Besides, even if you were that good, without a component that predicts the final odds with a high degree of accuracy, when you are betting one gate odds, the line you're betting into is likely to be way off.

It demands a ton of minute-by-minute tote data.

Ironically, the people who have that (dedicated tote watches) typically use ONLY that component and ignore any other form of handicapping.

I am not saying that the Whales are Tote Watchers, looking for betting "signals." I'm saying that they have enough data to predict how the betting patterns inside of (say) 5 minutes will correlate to final odds.

Same as the whales.

No wonder the end result is NOT GOOD.
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet