• Dave Schwartz
    Imagine you are using my new software, The Studio.

Now, imagine that there is an option to copy/paste the tote board directly into the program.

Which tote board would you use?

Understand that in order for me to be able to write the code that supports pasting from the tote board you use, I must have access. If it is a wagering site, they will not allow me to open an account from NV (with 2 exceptions Philly Park & AM Wager).

So, who can suggest a site?
  • Dave Schwartz
    Let me try it another way.

How do you get data from the tote board?
  • Jack Price
    ATRpro.... great value at $99.00 per year!
  • Dave Schwartz

Thank you.
    Of course, I have that but not everyone wants to spend the money. Besides, getting the data OUT is a hassle.

ATR actually has an HSH interface that does a good job, but it is too slow when you're playing 4 or more tracks.

What I meant was, "What WEBSITE do you use to view and/or capture the odds?"
  • Jack Price
    You're right.... it's not for everyone.
    However, I should have elaborated.... Gary helped me write VBA code that imported tote odds into my custom spreadsheet...it happened instantaneously at the push of a couple of buttons: (1) one for the track of choice and (2) one to import into excel spreadsheet…. I have no problem playing multiple tracks at one time (no hassle whatsoever).
    I wonder if you could work something out with him?
    No response needed…just food for thought.
  • Dave Schwartz

As I said, I already have an ATR interface to my existing product.

Since I am adding features to a new product, I'd prefer it not come with a $100-per-year tax.

So, I'm looking for tote boards to be copied/pasted into the software.

I could scrape but that is generally against the terms of service. Well, it is always against TOS.
  • Steven
    FWIW, I usually just play via Amwager so I use their feed and just use it to view, no copy paste.
  • Dave Schwartz

Me, too.
    Guess I will begin with that one.

And, of course, ATR will be an option.
  • RanchWest
    Since Texas does not allow ADW's, the easiest way for me to follow the action is with Twinspires on my phone while my program is up on my PC.
  • Dave Schwartz

Thank you.
    It is imperative that I get the odds into the software.

I will begin with AmWager and ATR.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Since Texas does not allow ADW's, the easiest way for me to follow the action is with Twinspires on my phone while my program is up on my PC.RanchWest

1. Can you get that same site on your computer?
    2. Can you copy/paste the screen?
  • RanchWest

It is always available on my phone. Sometimes the availability times out on my laptop.

If I had the time, I would try to fake being a phone from my laptop... the screen would be more useful, too, because it is simpler on the phone.
  • Dave Schwartz

What about question #2 on your computer?
  • RanchWest
    I can copy the odds section, but the program # is an image, so if I paste into notepad it doesn't appear.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.