• Conley
    I was doing some spring cleaning yesterday and found this old horse racing system which not sure if the system itself is old or just how the paper looked crushed on boxes but here is what it is (note not 100% sure but this could be a Rpm system or system mill company system)

This method applies to races for three-year-olds in the last half of the year, And to races for three-year-olds and up, for grass or non-grass surfaces. Maiden races are OK except for two-year-old races.

Pace Calculation:
    Pick a running line for the best speed (any speed figure, Beyer, DRF, Bris, etc.) closest to today’s race distance. The race chosen must be within the last calendar year. Total the pace values for three calls depending on the distance of the race:
    Sprints: quarter-mile call and the half-mile call.
    Routes: quarter-mile call, the half-mile call, and ¾ mile call.

Normalize the pace values (For instance, 22 seconds at the 1/4 mile call equals 20.) 43 seconds at 4 furlongs equals 40, and 68 seconds at 6 furlongs equals 60 Because smaller values indicate a faster pace, the total the pace values must be subtracted from a fixed number to give the proper indication of a quicker pace. So, subtract the total pace values as follows:
    For sprints, Total Pace = 300 minus sprint pace values.
    For routes, Total Pace = 400 minus route pace values.
    **Or, use the FIGS equation to calculate the values at each call. See **Note below for the FIGS equation. FIGS Pace = Total of values at each call.

Speed:
    Calculate Final Speed using the FIGS Equation or the Bris speed figure: the Figs value is the best. But if you do not want to go with the FIGS Equation – the Bris or DRF Speed Figures is close enough to produce still good results.

Calculate the Class Figure for each horse as follows:
    Use the year’s total money won divided by the year’s finish positions as follows:
    Class, $ = [(Total Money Won) / (0.6 x no. of wins + 0.2x no. of places + 0.1 x no. of shows + 0.05 no. of fourths+ 0.02 x no. of fifths )]/100.
    To make this easier, you can multiply by whole numbers.
    Multiply the # of wins by 6, places by 2, shows by 1, 4ths by .05 and 5ths by .02. So if a horse had 6 wins x 6 = 36, and 6 places x 2 = 16, and 4 shows x 1 = 4, and 2 4ths x .05 = 2 and 2 5ths x .02 would equal .04 so total for horse would be 58.4.

Consistency
    [(No. of wins + No. of places) / (No. of races)] x100. Use the values from the current year no matter the number of races.
    To get your Total Rating = Sum of [Pace + Speed + Class+ Consistency] The horse with the highest total is the projected winner. Now, if you want to use the FIGS speed # as opposed to the Bris or DRF, proceed as follows:

**Note: Figs Equation: (Total of FIGS values could be a
    selection method on its own.)

FIGS Equation:
    Speed Rating = [(furlongs of race x 60 Lengths per furlong –
    (Lengths behind winner))/Time of race, seconds) + [(0.07 xfurlongs) – 4.92] / 0.008
    Example for a six furlong race where the horse finished two lengths behind the winner:
    Speed Rating = [(6 x 60 -2)/72] + [0.07 x 6.0 – 4.92] / 0.008]= [358]/72] + [0.42 – 4.92] / 0.008 = [4.972 –
    4.5]/0.008 = 0.472/0.008 = 59.00
    This is a more precise speed rating, but up to you if you want to go thru the calculations.

Not sure if anyone understands it fully but I just don't get the Pace calculation
  • Handiman
    Is there a name for this method? I believe I have seen something similar in the past.
  • Mark
    Is there a name for this method? I believe I have seen something similar in the past.Handiman
    It looks like Ron Stabile’s FIGS WINNING System!
  • Conley

You are correct did find the title later on.

I have tons of systems just like this which I also found yesterday
  • Conley
    How bad would it be if I posted some systems that are NOT copyrighted? Dave thoughts? or is that a bad idea

Just thought if I would post others around here can play around with the systems and test to see how "good" or "bad" they really are plus it is a good learning experience to see what works in a system and what doesn't so that person can create there own set a rule that works for them!

BTW: Ron Stabiles Figs Winning System doesn't have a copyright on it's cover
  • Dave Schwartz
    BTW: Ron Stabiles Figs Winning System doesn't have a copyright on it's coverConley

Doesn't make it not copyrighted.

Sharing how a system works is NOT a copyright infringement.
    It is a patent infringement - assuming one has a patent.
    (Which would be a pretty poor assumption.)

What you can't do is simply copy what the author wrote.
    That IS a copyright infringement.

So, explain it in your own words and everything is fine.
  • Steven
    I can't remember how many of these kind of things I have bought in the past. For several many years, I would order one of these things, test it out on a few cards and then send it back in for a refund. I think almost everyone sent my money back to me.

My favorite was "Super Horse". That's what I used to make and win my very first bet+. I'll did it up and describe it later.

+Of course it never hit again like that very first bet though.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment