• Tony Kofalt
    Another Monday and neither of the tracks I play are racing today. What the heck should I do? Take a day off?
    I say NO. The day(s) off provide a great opportunity to make sure all your maintenance work is complete.
    1) Make sure all your trip notes are in whatever system you use be it Formulator, stable mail or your database.
    2) Review the results from the prior days and watch any replays for races that didn't make sense to you.
    3) Be sure that your bet tracking system is fully updated. Did you enter all races you bet and are you ready to start betting tomorrow?
    If you take care of these housekeeping items on 'off' days it leaves your handicapping and wagering days open to focus on handicapping!!
  • Conley
    Exactly what I do when I have downtime which is not a lot when you are working almost every day and up at all hours lol

The only things I would be updating would be records (unless betting has happened) along with track bias notes (I will probably stop doing regular posting for Keeneland TB notes) and finally my power ratings for my sports selections so they are updated for the next games to play
  • Dustin Korth
    I love point #2 Tony. It's a long-term game and you have to look back to make sure you understand why you won so you can make it a habit and also understand why you lost so you can adapt and grow. Cheers.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.

More Discussions