• Jim Pommier
    Good morning. Jim here. I just watched Dave's "Just Conversation" video. I grew up in Louisville, KY and now live in the Chicagoland area. I wager on horses primarily on weekends and holidays, about 4-5 days per month. I'm mostly a PK 4, and Win bettor. I'm not what I would call a "grinder" who wagers daily or weekly using software all of the time (use occasionally), or do I focus too much on speed/pace figures. I make $100 - $350 PK 4 wagers covering several horses who I think are "well placed". My handicapping starts with "why does the trainer have this horse entered today in this race"? I use PP's and check the class movement, past race odds, layoff, claimed, workouts, run style, comments, trainer and jockey. I try not to get hung up with the horses that have the best speed/pace figures, even though at the end, I often land on these horses and include them in my PK4's. "Does the trainer have this 6-1 or 12-1 horse well placed today to win"? I'll try to give an example in the next week or so. Looking forward to getting some new handicapping information from everyone in the forum-- Jim.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.