Most of us know that the customer support provided by @Dave Schwartz is unparalleled in this crazy industry, and even in more “normal” industries. But the support that Dave has provided me in these past 36 hours is simply incredible and I have to take a minute to say thanks and acknowledge how lucky we, and any future users all are.
My aging Windows 10 laptop that houses my deTerminator suddenly (but not to my surprise) lost connection to its hard drive on Sunday as I was about to begin playing for the day.
Repairable? Maybe, but probably not worth it. New machine? Sure, but as chip and memory prices have exploded this year, new devices have become a mortgage payment, an expense that I was not prepared to tackle this month. Was resigned to being on the sidelines for a week or two while I figured out what to do next.
As I’m not very tech savvy, I texted an SOS to Dave seeking advice, and within minutes we were in a Zoom discussing options to keep me in the game.
He offered to send me a fresh deT install, including this year's files, that I could place on my desktop PC, and it arrived soon thereafter. He walked me thru the install and just when we thought we were done we saw that there was an important part of the program that was not firing.
Dave sent me another version and a series of troubleshooting steps but by the end of Sunday night I was still in no man’s land.
Dave promised to “sleep on it”, and sure enough first thing Monday morning I get a text advising me to look in my Dropbox for another fresh install.
Got home tonight and voila, I’m back in business. Turns out there was an incomplete download somewhere along the way that Dave remedied. Now I just need to get my Objects lined up and I’ll be back in business.
Disaster averted. As someone with aspirations to play at a semi or even fully professional level, I could not ask for more in the way of support. Much appreciated Dave!