• RanchWest
    Are you guys enjoying the Saratoga contest? Do you look forward to another contest? Do you like the win bet format?

Back when AQU had an inner dirt course, I participated in a P4 contest. Play one P4 per day, 200 minimum units. In the early days, there was no cap and I liked that format. I'm thinking that might be a good contest to have for the regular AQU meet (not the Belmont at Aqueduct meet). What do you think? I know some of you like horizontals.

I'm thinking having short-term contests in the meantime. Maybe one day or one week, various tracks.

But I am open to suggestions. Tell me what you think.
  • William Zayonce
    I like the win bet format , maybe even win/place , for a single day or week. Not keen on the horizontals
  • Conley
    I am with William here

I like the Win, Win/Place formats that way it keeps it simple plus we can see what handicappers can prove that they can win upfront on the win place end and not just a Pick 3/4/5/6 ticket that they hit once for a lot of $.

Tracks I would like to see are Keeneland, Gulfstream, Santa Anita, Tampa Bay Downs, Oaklawn (personal favourite ;) ) Kentucky Downs plus some of the smaller tracks like Turfway, Charles Town, Penn National, Parx, etc

I would also like to possibly add that if the contests can be run like what they are now like on a weekly basis unless everyone is for daily races that is totally fine.

Sorry for all that above just really wanted to help put my 2 cents in and help as much as possible for future contests. And hey if anyone was interested in contests then I can always do sports contests like what we did for march madness but instead do it for NFL or NCAAF/NCAAB
  • RanchWest
    Okay, maybe various short-term contests, mostly W/P with $20 max, $1 min, max of 3 wagers per race. For each contest, the minimum wager for the entire contest would be set to be appropriate for that contest.

Any other thoughts?
  • Conley
    Have a min #er per race you can bet per day/week

You could either have the same style of play as we are now with $20 min each race or have a live bankroll so you play with the $ollars you have accumulated from past races
  • RanchWest
    Interesting idea!
  • RanchWest
    i need a Place only contest. lol

I had another one in R2 today. I think I had 2 yesterday. 4 last Saturday.
  • Tom
    After Saratoga, I won't be interested in anything at any NYRA track.
    They have the greatest colony ever and yet I see more crappy rides there than anywhere else.

IMHO, I would rather watch Law and Order reruns than play Aqueduct.
  • RanchWest

Based on the feedback so far, I am leaning towards contests of 1 day to 2 weeks at various tracks. One track I like in the winter is FG.

Conley liked these:

Tracks I would like to see are Keeneland, Gulfstream, Santa Anita, Tampa Bay Downs, Oaklawn (personal favourite ;) ) Kentucky Downs plus some of the smaller tracks like Turfway, Charles Town, Penn National, Parx, etc

I see MVR, HOU, DED, TDN, FL and EVD as some more possiblesl
  • RanchWest
    Part of what I am able to do will depend on my health. I have an Angiogram scheduled for Thursday.
  • Tom
    Good luck with your test!
  • Conley
    I have an Angiogram scheduled for Thursday.RanchWest

Thinking of you my friend! Hope everything turns up well!
  • RanchWest
    Thanks! I am hoping that things will be better. I have a lot of limitations at this point.
  • Tony Kofalt
    Ranch- plz feel better and good luck!!!
    As the last place finisher in the contest I'd prefer horizontal wagers like the old PA format. That being said let's go with what the group wants. I would definitely have to reconsider my wagering plan in a win/place contest. Lol.
  • RanchWest

What would be the minimum reasonable time frame for a horizontal contest? I know that you are looking for the big score. But I would like for us to have more contests in a variety of formats. Season long contests do offer big score opportunities, but I think they also can interfere with personal lives and lead to burnout. I definitely do want to accomodate your desire for a horizontal contest.
  • RanchWest

Just want to also say that I had a 1st place and an 8th place finish in the Inner Dirt P4 contests, so I do enjoy playing the horizontals and I would relish the opportunity to hone my knowledge. I am also reading Ziemba's Exotic Wagering book. Have you read it? If so, what did you think.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.