• RanchWest
    1) Pick a minimum of 5 races per week for Saratoga (thoroughbred), Tuesday through Monday. No limit to the number of races one MAY enter. Failure to pick 5 races in a week will result in a $20 loss per race short of the 5 races.
    2) $20 to win per race, can be distributed among any number of horses (dutched).
    3) Picks must be made 5 minutes before post time of that race
    4) Person with biggest PROFIT for the Saratoga season wins..If nobody has a profit, the person with the least loss wins
    5) There is no cap on payouts. If you have a horse that pays $200 to win, you did good..
    6) The prize is bragging rights... there is no prize.
    7) There is no entry deadline, but penalties for non-participation accrue from the beginning of the season, up to $100 per week.
  • Conley
    Are we scoring ourselves? I don't mind I just suck at math so in case I do get my numbers wrong please let me know

Thanks and good luck to everyone! Only 2 days away!
  • William Zayonce
    I would agree with all of Ranch's rules except the "5 minutes to post" requirement.
    Requiring all selections for a given day to be posted prior to the first race will both facilitate record keeping ( if someone has volunteered for that task) and eliminate the temptation for any "past posting". " Pick and pray" is fun, challenging and easy to moderate.
  • RanchWest
    I would agree with all of Ranch's rules except the "5 minutes to post" requirement.
    Requiring all selections for a given day to be posted prior to the first race will both facilitate record keeping ( if someone has volunteered for that task) and eliminate the temptation for any "past posting". " Pick and pray" is fun, challenging and easy to moderate.
    William Zayonce

We can change that rule. I think any past posting should be grounds for disqualification, but beginning of the day posting does make monitoring easier. I'm okay with the change, but I'd like to hear from others.

Are we scoring ourselves? I don't mind I just suck at math so in case I do get my numbers wrong please let me knowConley

I think we should self-score. I will try to review the scoring. Most people don't intend to make mistakes, but it happens, both directions. I've seen it both ways. Sometimes it is because the player doesn't understand the rules or the intent of the rules.

I wrote the rules knowing full well that things could get crazy as the end of the season approaches. Players who are behind will be playing more races. i think that keeps things fresh and exciting. Because profit means dollar profit, not ROI. If you are good enough to win on extra races, then you are good.

By the way, we are going with exact payouts... not 4/1, but $10.20, for example.
  • Dustin Korth
    Here's a suggestion for self-scoring.

At the end of each week, players can submit their own results to a form:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaybnwZxNuv153u27mMKfE6zNU0z-s1vjp3OMgfHzvHDMnmA/viewform?usp=sf_link

That form automatically sends it to a spreadsheet for tracking:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cj3As7PI43ZwyajtS-n7U3k2uAhD_ct5xNyGR0xsJcU/edit?usp=sharing

I did a form submission as an example. Feel free to try it out as well. This can be spruced up, I just made it real quick for you guys to decide if it was a viable process first.
  • RanchWest

That seems to be looking for 5 selections at once. We're looking at 5 selections over the course of a week.

I appreciate your kind input, but sometimes I think it is better to keep it simple.
  • RanchWest
    Rules revision for deadline for posting selections;

1) Pick a minimum of 5 races per week for Saratoga (thoroughbred), Tuesday through Monday. No limit to the number of races one MAY enter. Failure to pick 5 races in a week will result in a $20 loss per race short of the 5 races.
    2) $20 to win per race, can be distributed among any number of horses (dutched).
    3) Picks must be made 5 minutes before post time of the first race of the day.
    4) Person with biggest PROFIT for the Saratoga season wins..If nobody has a profit, the person with the least loss wins
    5) There is no cap on payouts. If you have a horse that pays $200 to win, you did good..
    6) The prize is bragging rights... there is no prize.
    7) There is no entry deadline, but penalties for non-participation accrue from the beginning of the season, up to $100 per week.
  • Conley
    So just to confirm lets just say I want to do 5 selections tomorrow for Saratoga are you saying I have to make ALL of our selections before the 1st race correct?

I actually do like Dustin's idea of it being automated maybe we can do it that way or switch it so he has the timestamp then date race #er horse and ML then finish/payout (if the horse wins)
  • Dustin Korth

My form is meant only for players to self-report their final results at the end of each week (hence all 5 selections at once). You can still post selections in the thread. I think it is much simpler than a bunch of results posts that ultimately someone will end up having to put all together.
  • RanchWest

Yes, all selections for a day need to be made before the first race of that day.
  • RanchWest

Can that work if the player makes more than 5 selections in a week?
  • Dustin Korth

Yea, we can add more lines to the form.

..and really, someone could just submit more than one form as well and it will record fine too.
  • RanchWest

I hope I am not coming across as too negative, but I don't see this working for dutching.
  • RanchWest
    Opening day first post is 1:05 Eastern. Deadline for selections is 1:00 Eastern.
  • Tony Kofalt
    Race 1- Bear Alley 20 Win
    Race 3- Tiberius Mercurius 20 Win
    Race 7- Favor 20 win

Good luck
  • RanchWest
    7/14/2022
    R6)
    #5: 9 Win
    #6: 2 Win
    #9: 9 Win
  • Dustin Korth

Dutching is simply win bets with the same race number. Submit the same as you would win bets with different race numbers.

All good though.
  • William Zayonce
    Race 7; $20 win #6
    Race 8; $20 win #3
  • Jim Pommier
    SAR 14JUL2022
    Race 3. #6 Attentive - $20 Win
    Race 5. #4 Tommy Gun - $12 Win
    #2 Catching Cupid - $8 Win
    Race 7. #7 Tarabi - $20 Win
    Race 8. #3 Myriskyaffair - $12 Win
    #1 Canisy - $8 Win
    Race 9. #6 Me And My Shadow - $20 Win
    Race 10. #5 Fast Corey - $14 Win
    #4 Rigby - $6 Win
  • Ken Fee
    Race 3 $ 10.00 win # 9 Grand Journey
    $ 10.00 win # 6 Attentive
    Race 7 $ 10.00 win # 1 Goddess of Fire
    $ 10.00 win # 6 Favor
    Race 10 $ 10.00 win # 5 Fast Corey
    $ 10.00 Win #10 Dame Time
  • Tom
    Sar 7/14
    Race 1
    $2 W 3 Auburn Hills
    $18 W 7 Giocare

Race 5

$10 W 6 Cold Walker
    $5w 3 Majority Partner
    $5 W 4 Tommy Gun
  • Conley
    Saratoga 7/14
    Race 3 #9 $20 WIN
    Race 9 #6 $20 WIN

I was going to submit my selections on Dustin’s tracking but if everyone else is submitting here I guess it’s ok
  • Dustin Korth
    Just to confirm, there's no total cap other than the $20 per race, right?
    So minimum bettor is $20 x 5 = $100, but someone could go $20 x 50 races = $1,000 wagered if they really wanted to. We're just seeing who can generate profit. Is that correct Ranch?
  • RanchWest

Yes, there is a set amount of $20 per race, 5 races per week minimum, no maximum number of races.
  • RanchWest
    Selections are now closed for Thursday.
  • RanchWest
    Tom gets the first win of the season with #3 in r5.
  • RanchWest
    Standings at the end of Day 1:

Ranch -20.00
    Tom -26.75
    Jim -38.80
    William -40.00
    Tony -60.00
    Ken -60.00

Please let me know if I have any of these scores wrong.
  • Ken Fee
    Ken Fee -60.00 0 for 3 easy to keep score LOL
  • RanchWest

I took the early lead by having low expectations and not disappointing. :lol:
  • Conley
    Standings at the end of Day 1:

Ranch -20.00
    Tom -26.75
    Jim -38.80
    William -40.00
    Tony -60.00
    Ken -60.00

Please let me know if I have any of these scores wrong.
    RanchWest

I am down -40 so do I make the list?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube