R2) 2-3-4-1
    R3) 5-6-2-4
    R4) 4-6-5-7
    R5) 2-4-5-6
    R6) 8-3-4-7
    R7) 4-7-3-6
    R8) 2-4-8-1
  • Conley
    Rach thought of a good idea (well at least I thought it was) to do a contest-style game and handicap each day doing Saratoga or Del Mar or both (but I will be doing SAR) and see who comes out the best handicapper? Thoughts? Anyone else can join just thought to bring something new in

Thinking of either doing full card selections like what you did above by providing Top 4 selections and then can do for records on Top selections, Exacta boxes Top 4 etc etc

Just thought of it last night going to bed but wondered what you/everyone else thought before starting it up. Even if someone on here didn't want to join but was the "Scorekeeper" of tracking records that would be a big help. Thank you
  • RanchWest
    We can do it any which way, but I was in a contest before where we played $200 pick 4's, distributed any way you want using track minimum. In the early days, it was unlimited payout, but later they capped it. One pick 4 per day, player's choice. It was a lot of fun, but some work to keep score, but we had 50+ players.

I'd be interested any way you want to do it. I'd prefer SAR.
  • Conley
    We can do it any which way, but I was in a contest before where we played $200 pick 4's, distributed any way you want using track minimum. In the early days, it was unlimited payout, but later they capped it. One pick 4 per day, player's choice. It was a lot of fun, but some work to keep score, but we had 50+ players.

I'd be interested any way you want to do it. I'd prefer SAR.
    RanchWest

Ok awesome! I was hoping you would say Saratoga as I will be covering it myself and don't have success (at least from past 2 years) doing Del Mar. I can do it as doing top 4 selections and post it how I do my Grand River results or just track top 2 choices but top 4 for exotics?
  • Conley
    Whoever else is interested in joining this contest please let either me or Ranch know by the 13th

Ranch and I will discuss further on rules etc so stay tuned!
  • RanchWest
    Top 4:
    1) 4.70 5.30
    2) 3.70 9.00
    3) 6.80
    4) 22.40
    Out) 1.40 7.90
  • Conley
    What about this format for the Saratoga Contest:

1st 2 selections Win/Place/Show (Across The Board)
    Top 4 Boxed in Exacta, Trifecta, Superfecta
    1st 2 selections used for Daily Doubles/Pick 3/Pick 4/Pick 5/Pick 6

Totals for the day ("Grand Total")
    WPS $ Total+ Exotics $ Total

Records will be kept for
    Top 2 selections as RACES WINS PLACES SHOWS Total $ Made
    Exotics as EXACTAS TRIFECTAS SUPERFECTAS DDS P3S P4S P5S P6S

This contest format was the one I joined over at another forum for Oaklawn and I thought this one might be of interest. It is up to you Ranch if you think this is ok. if you are good with it I am good with it too.
  • Conley
    Oh and forgot to mention that all prices will be in minimums so WPS would be for $2. The Doubles, Exactas Pick 3's and Pick 6 will be for $1. Pick 5's, Pick 4's and Trifecta's for 50c and finally the Superfectas for 10c.
  • RanchWest
    Typo

Out) 14.40 7.90
  • Mark
    You can create private tournaments on horse tourneys now! Pick and Pray, Live or Exacta for any of the tracks that are running for the day. That imo would be far better! Set the amount for the tournament, have it be pool style or 5 max players and see who can really get down on this board! This can be done for both of the tracks you’re talking about!
  • RanchWest

Where is that?
  • Conley
    Great idea! I just need to make sure everyone is ok with that
  • Conley
    Must you have an ExpressBet account?Dave Schwartz

If we do then I cannot join :(
  • Conley
    If we do then I cannot join :(Conley

I might not even join because I am Canadian too :(

So I would rather do a tournament that I can actually join
  • Mark
    You don't need an ExpressBet account, but you do need to live in the states.
  • Conley
    but you do need to live in the states.Mark

Well there goes that

I think we should go by what everyone should be allowed on so fair game but Mark that was a great suggestion
  • RanchWest
    How about if we do $20 to win, dutching allowed?
  • Conley
    How about if we do $20 to win, dutching allowed?RanchWest

I wouldn’t mind that but are we doing the contest here or on HorseTourneys?
    And for dutching do we do our top 4
  • William Zayonce
    Conley,
    Be aware that Horse Tourneys is available to Canadians. I live in Alberta and have played sporadically for the past year. Registration can be a bit arduous but its doable. Remember that all transactions are in US funds and the exchange rate is high ( my last $24 deposit cost me $31.43 CDN including exchange and the foreign transaction fee). Also, the site takes a 13% rake on all contest entries. I've found it useful practice to play the $1 -$3 tourneys to hone skills, and get some action while spending very little.
  • Conley
    Conley,
    Be aware that Horse Tourneys is available to Canadians. I live in Alberta and have played sporadically for the past year. Registration can be a bit arduous but its doable. Remember that all transactions are in US funds and the exchange rate is high ( my last $24 deposit cost me $31.43 CDN including exchange and the foreign transaction fee). Also, the site takes a 13% rake on all contest entries. I've found it useful practice to play the $1 -$3 tourneys to hone skills, and get some action while spending very little.
    William Zayonce

OK never knew that but thanks for letting me know! Now we should probably consider doing it on Horse Tourneys if everyone was ok with that?
  • RanchWest
    I wouldn’t mind that but are we doing the contest here or on HorseTourneys?
    And for dutching do we do our top 4
    Conley

I had in mind any dutching distribution the player wants. $20 on one horse, $5 each on 4 horses, $10 each on two horses, $4 each on three horses and $8 on one horse. Just has to be even dollars and track minimum. Any distribution totaling $20. I think it puts a lot of emphasis on wagering strategy, as we face in real life.
  • Conley
    Sounds good Ranch I just needed clarification so ty

And are we doing it via spreadsheet or HorseTourneys or what we need to figure this out before the meet starts
  • RanchWest

I will leave it up to you as to how it is scored. I would very much prefer that this board be the official place to follow along. It would be okay with me to post selections here.
  • Conley
    Ok I was hoping that you would want it here as do I

I just need someone that wants to score everyone’s selections so everything is accurate and not messed up
  • RanchWest
    After giving this more thought, I think it may be intimidating for people to participate, handicapping 40-50 races a week for a bragging rights contest. Do you think we should cut down on the number of races? Select your own races to play? Maybe 3 or 4 races a day? Or the last few races? What do you think?
  • Conley
    After giving this more thought, I think it may be intimidating for people to participate, handicapping 40-50 races a week for a bragging rights contest. Do you think we should cut down on the number of races? Select your own races to play? Maybe 3 or 4 races a day? Or the last few races? What do you think?RanchWest

Whatever you want to do is good with me 3-4 races sounds good but if no interest then I will not move forward with this
  • Tony Kofalt
    Count me in for whatever we do at Saratoga!! Thanks guys
  • RanchWest
    That's great, Tony. I am looking forward to it.
  • Conley
    Welcome Tony! If we are still doing HorseTourneys I cannot sign up because I have to be 21 in order to play (2001 I am 2002 or 20). So if we can do the formatting here then that would be better for myself unless everyone else is wanting to do the HorseTourneys thing
  • Jim Pommier
    I'm in. Maybe have each person complete their own daily scoring (honor system) and submit to one commissioner who records the scores each day. 30 years ago (pre-Conley) we did this for fantasy football when there was little internet and no online fantasy sites with auto-scoring.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.