• Tim Yatcak
    I get an error message today (FIRST time ever) " HSH Reg.Dat is missing . How do I deal with that? also below another error comes up date violation Today = 11/08/22 stop date = / /

How can I correct this?

[DS edit] Changed the thread title and moved to HSH Tech Support category.
  • Dave Schwartz
    You are running a very old version.
    Best guess is that you are starting in the wrong folder.
  • Tim Yatcak
    I have tired repeatedly to update things and I could not get them to load

This error comes up RIGHT after I click on the H9 icon shortcut...What do I do? Also how can I get the newest prtgams?
  • Tim Yatcak
    My computer hard drive crashed October 3rd and I used a program called Revive to get back MOST,but not all the files..It ate up my e-mail account so I had to create a new one .

If that is not good, I can send you a few high capacity flash drives to provide for copying them and then mail them back here...

I don't know...
  • Dave Schwartz
    #HSH #Corrupt Installation

First, the bad news.
    As per our phone conversation a few minutes ago, let me begin by saying that you are probably hosed.
    Sorry.

This is because almost every mechanical restoration approach will completely destroy your application because, as thou said above, it MIXES old files that it could restore with the newer files.

Because database files are relational -- meaning they work together -- a partial restoration causes complete destruction of the system.

In your case, this was made worse by the fact that it restored a program version that was from 3 years ago, despite the fact that your last backup was in June.

BTW, if that backup is usable, you should be able to simply change to that drive, locate the HSH folder, and run from there. My guess is that you won't be able to because it is not a true, full copy of the folder.

Hope I am wrong.

Now the Good News.
    What you need is simply...
    • a brand new installation.
    • replacement of your data.

This is an easy fix.
    • You don't send us a USB.
    • We assemble what you need, obviously with the newest version and your missing data.
    • Then we send you a USB.
    Or
    With a little more effort...
    • We put it in your Dropbox.
    • Then I meet with you and manually install it
    (This is a little more effort because your DropBox probably does not have enough storage for all the data at one time.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment