• Conley
    Hi everyone!

I know this is a bit early but I wanted to let people know that I have created a group contest over at ESPN for the 2022 March Madness Tournament! The link is below along with other info that you will need to join

Link to join the group: https://bit.ly/35r7Q1C
    Group: Conley's NCAAB Contest
    Password: Contest2022

You may need to register for an ESPN account before starting but that is very simple to do by starting here: https://www.espn.com/
    1) Top right corner you will see an icon next to a magnifying glass click on that and down on the bottom there is a button for "Log In"
    2) Then when you hit "Log In" you will see on the bottom a "Sign Up" button and you click on that and fill out your info
    3) You are done! I am not sure if they send you a verification code to your email but if they do that would be the last step

Please let me know on this thread or privately if you have any questions

Thank you and looking forward to competing with my fellow friends to see who is the best handicapper for the tournament! :)
  • RanchWest
    Thanks! I just looked and it is set for 2 entries per contestant, just so everyone knows because I think the default is 5.
  • Conley
    Thanks! I just looked and it is set for 2 entries per contestant, just so everyone knows because I think the default is 5RanchWest

Whoops my apologies for not mentioning that before

1 entry is "Primary" which would be the bracket that you feel most confident of
    2 entry is "Secondary"

Everyone is allowed 2 entries into this contest
  • RanchWest
    Brackets will be available on 3/13 at 8pm ET
  • RanchWest
    Dave, thanks for hosting this thread. P&C shut it down. Their loss.
  • Dave Schwartz

I've done nothing.
    Conley started it!
  • RanchWest
    Conley did the same thing over there. He was told to stop if he wasn't going to score the 64-team tournament there. I don't know how he could even accept entries for a 64-team tournament.
  • Conley
    Conley did the same thing over there. He was told to stop if he wasn't going to score the 64-team tournament there. I don't know how he could even accept entries for a 64-team tournament.RanchWest

So can I still hold it here or is it not allowed?
  • Dave Schwartz
    So can I still hold it here or is it not allowed?Conley
    Why wouldn't be allowed?
    Am I missing something?

Of course you are allowed.
    Tell me how I can help.
  • Conley
    Why wouldn't be allowed?
    Am I missing something?

Of course you are allowed.
    Tell me how I can help.
    Dave Schwartz

Ok I didn't know if you as the admin/moderator of this forum wouldn't like me doing this but thank you for clearing that up Dave

I just want to have fun and let people enjoy the world of sports betting not throw shade just like what P&C did to me over there

I only post on 4 forums: This one/Pace Advantage/Freaks Forum/HotTalkersForum I don't bother to post on P&C because each time I post I either get positive feedback (which is rare) or negative feedback (which happens a lot); I respect what Ted Craven is doing over there but if you can't allow someone as enthusiastic and positive as I am to post something non-Sartin related then I don't have to be a user on there

Sorry for the rant just feel like I was doing something wrong but now it is clear that I can move ahead to the contest!
  • RanchWest
    Why wouldn't be allowed?
    Am I missing something?
    Dave Schwartz

Over there, they seemed to think that Conley was trying to lure people away, which I found to be a ridiculous and paranoid approach. I am taking a hiatus from that board. If he was trying to lure people away, woudn't he try to find something that lasted longer than a couple of weeks?

Anyway, thanks, Dave. We can use this board to spend a couple of weeks diving into the basketball tournament and appreciating that this is a good board for discussion, both of the tournament and horse racing.
  • Dave Schwartz
    If you have to keep your members captive, it isn't much of a community.

This is why I'm trying so hard to make this place NOT ABOUT ME.
  • RanchWest
    This is why I'm trying so hard to make this place NOT ABOUT ME.Dave Schwartz

And that's a good way to be more appreciated. I mean, nothing wrong with you. People just like to feel there is some measure of equality.
  • Dave Schwartz
    And that's a good way to be more appreciated. I mean, nothing wrong with you. People just like to feel there is some measure of equality.RanchWest

Not sure what that means.
    Does that mean that everybody is equal in terms of skill?
    (Can't imagine that's what you mean.)

I don't want this to be a "Dave's Sales Pitch Site."
  • Conley
    Over there, they seemed to think that Conley was trying to lure people away, which I found to be a ridiculous and paranoid approach. I am taking a hiatus from that board. If he was trying to lure people away, woudn't he try to find something that lasted longer than a couple of weeks?RanchWest
    Sorry Ranch for all the frustration that I have caused
    Just wanted to post something that everyone can participate in
  • RanchWest
    Not sure what that means.
    Does that mean that everybody has is equal in terms of skill?
    Dave Schwartz

No, just that everyone wants to be able to express reasonable opinions. If it becomes a cult, then for me it is much less fun. Thanks for not running a cult.
  • RanchWest
    Sorry Ranch for all the frustration that I have causedConley

Actually, I think you've performed a service.
  • Conley
    Actually, I think you've performed a service.RanchWest

Please explain so I can fully understand
  • RanchWest
    Please explain so I can fully understandConley

It was good to expose the cultish attitude over there.

It also spurred me into more quickly launching my handicapping into a different realm. I feel that I am very good at spot plays and I am getting back to that. Long story, but I left spot plays about 20 years ago after having a pretty good run.
  • Conley
    It was good to expose the cultish attitude over there.RanchWest

Ok figuring that you would be saying that just wanted to know before I sounded like a idiot

Now back to the original purpose of the thread: march madness!
  • Conley
    Ladies and Gentlemen:

The 2022 March Madness Tournament bracket is finally LIVE!

If you are wanting to join a group for this year's tournament please click the link above at the top and create your own brackets! The max entries in my pool are 2 because I want it to be like a handicapping-like style where you have a primary entry but you also have a 2nd entry for backup

Remember you do have to sign up for a ESPN account before playing but it is pretty simple (rules above)

Let me know if you have any questions and Good luck to all!
  • RanchWest
    At the end of day 1, I have a narrow lead.
  • Conley
    Group Results after the Round of 64:

I am pretty sure the %tage is the percentile
    Attachment
    Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 12.59.24 PM (38K)
  • RanchWest
    Looks like it may come down to which team goes farther between Kansas and Gonzaga.
  • Conley
    Group Results after the Round of 32:
    Attachment
    Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 3.54.11 PM (42K)
  • RanchWest
    Conley is ahead and it is still up for grabs. Go Kansas!
  • Conley
    Ground Results after Sweet 16
    Attachment
    Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 10.01.56 AM (41K)
  • Conley
    Group Results after the Elite Eight
    Attachment
    Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 8.51.48 AM (44K)
  • RanchWest
    I still need a Kansas win. I like my chances. :smile:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube