• Tony Kofalt
    I really enjoy visiting this forum every day!! Fortunately its very different from many other boards where too many members are looking to pick fights. There is a real sense of community here and I thank Dave for hosting it.
    Everyone here appears ready to help and contribute. Thanks again Dave
  • Steven
    Ditto. I sort of consider myself a refugee seeking reasonable and civilized discord.
  • RanchWest
    Yep, it is tough to find folks who genuinely want to discuss ways to improve on handicapping. I always welcome reasoned, friendly conversation as we've found here.
  • Dave Schwartz

I see it precisely the same way.

IN ORDER FOR THIS FORUM TO SUCCEED...
    We need engagement.

We also need the forum to NOT be ALL ABOUT DAVE SCHWARTZ.

It has to find its own way; has to create its own growth.
    It has to create its own new Super Stars.

I urge you to INVITE people. But make sure that they understand the success depends upon them actually posting.
  • Dustin Korth
    I urge you to INVITE people. But make sure that they understand the success depends upon them actually posting.Dave Schwartz

Dave forgot to add "but be careful who you invite from PaceAdvantage"...lol :)
  • RanchWest
    "but be careful who you invite from PaceAdvantage".Dustin Korth

Truer words have never been spoken.
  • Dave Schwartz
    Those people are mostly golden.
    Just need a few boundaries. LOL
  • RanchWest
    Those people are mostly golden.Dave Schwartz

How many serious handicapping discussions are there? I see a lot of strategies to use wagering manipulations to cover for a lack of sound handicapping.
  • Dave Schwartz
    How many serious handicapping discussions are there? I see a lot of strategies to use wagering manipulations to cover for a lack of sound handicapping.RanchWest

My perception is different.
  • Dustin Korth

Just need a few boundaries. LOLDave Schwartz

Haha yep that's where I was going with that.
  • RanchWest
    My perception is different.Dave Schwartz

You've just degraded my opinion of your perceptions. lol

I find far more useful content on other boards, including here.
  • Dustin Korth

There's some really great posters on PA but I think the problem is that often when there is useful content, there's too many that chime in trying to derail the thread rather than contribute...and when it gets messy the contributors just move on.
  • RanchWest
    Dustin KorthDustin Korth

You have a valid point there.
  • RanchWest
    Hope I didn't diminish the tone of this forum. Not my intent.
  • Conley
    There's some really great posters on PA but I think the problem is that often when there is useful content, there's too many that chime in trying to derail the thread rather than contribute...and when it gets messy the contributors just move on.Dustin Korth

Bang on Dustin!

People/posters have great ideas that others would find useful and then someone barges in like a bull in a China shop and it derails the thread defeating the whole purpose of the thread

Has happened to me a lot over there where I would ask a "simple" question or comment something on another post and then someone verbally attacks what I just said causing a whole argument that really isn't necessary

3-4 bans later from PA I should learn my lesson from now on but those 3 bans were basically from what I said above
  • Dave Schwartz
    All I am saying is that we do not build something good by degrading something else.

Reminded of a quote from a some chick movie:

"The best way to get over one guy is to get under another."

Kind of the same thing.
  • RanchWest
    All I am saying is that we do not build something good by degrading something else.Dave Schwartz

Good point, Dave.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet