• RanchWest
    Good analysis, not enough value. My picks to upset would be 4 or 6. I look for Investment Income to be well back early and be unable to make up the ground.RanchWest

#4 did win paying $8.00, but of course that doesn't tell us what would have happened if Investment Income had raced.
  • Tony Kofalt
    Vulnerable fav for Aqu 4-17

Race 7 Eminency (5-2)- continues to string solid but non-winning races together. This field drew competitively and we should avoid low prices.
  • RanchWest
    Vulnerable fav for Aqu 4-17

Race 7 Eminency (5-2)- continues to string solid but non-winning races together. This field drew competitively and we should avoid low prices.
    Tony Kofalt

Good call. This is a seconditis horse for sure. 4th second in 5 starts. (this was 4-16)
  • Tony Kofalt
    Vulnerable fav for 4-21 Aqu

Race 4- Panster (5-2)- has won 3 of his last 6 but doesn't get a desireable setup today. Finishes well too late.
  • stevekisslinger
    Glad to see that this thread has legs!
  • Tony Kofalt
    Vulnerable fav Aqu 4-22

Race 3 Miss Brazil (1-1)- is very talented but hooks a compact and competitive field. I lean against her at very low odds
  • Tony Kofalt
    Vulnerable fav 4-24 Aqu

Race 4 Subsidize (3-1)- is one of several posting similar projected figs. I'll pass on him as the favorite.
  • stevekisslinger
    GP2 #2 is 7/5 fave as they reach the gate. Vulnerable.
  • RanchWest
    GP2 #2 is 7/5 fave as they reach the gate. Vulnerablestevekisslinger

Good call. Ran 3rd.
  • stevekisslinger
    Thanks. Was moving up to N3L and questionable AW form. Which I would have liked to have mentioned in my original post, but horses were already at the gate.
  • stevekisslinger
    Looks like a good race to pass, for sure.
  • RanchWest
    Thanks. Was moving up to N3L and questionable AW form. Which I would have liked to have mentioned in my original post, but horses were already at the gate.stevekisslinger

Also, his previous race was a lifetime high and just put him in the mix for being somewhat competitive. But much of the rest of the field was running consistently at that speed level. The winner, #5, had the fewest clunkers as far as speed ratings and paid $13.60 to win. Just a mildly contrarian viewpoint.
  • stevekisslinger
    GP8 The #1 is 3/5 with 4MTP. Way too short a price for this horse He likes the AW, but connections are mediocre. Race figures to be won in the late stages, and others look like they can close faster.
  • Tony Kofalt
    Bel 4-28
    Race 3- No Salt destroyed a weaker bunch last out but stretches out to a distance where he can hang in the late going. Some tempting horizontal plays with No Salt off your tickets
  • RanchWest
    Tony, I think you're onto something. No Salt is coming off a career high BRiS SR on an off track. I think the 2 and 7 are more likely.
  • RanchWest
    My 7 could only make it for 2nd at 7/1. Definitely a pace race.
  • Tony Kofalt
    4-30 Belmont
    Race 3- Flowers for Lisa (8-5)- turned in a big effort last time and is likely to bounce at a low price.
  • RanchWest
    I'll go the other way. I like Flowers for Lisa. Makes a good appearance on the track. 2/1 at PT.
  • RanchWest
    Lost to the early speed by 1/2 length. Good call, Tony.
  • RanchWest
    2 BEL 2, BREADMAN is the 5/2 morning line favorite on his return to the turf, but I don't see it. UOL line is 8/1 and my line is 4/1. Has had a good work schedule, though nothing jumps out there. Keeps having long layoffs and doesn't have the speed figures I'd like to see from a favorite. Is capable of closing on the turf, but will have to improve over recent dirt efforts.
  • Tony Kofalt
    Ranch- I see exactly the same thing!! Lol my vulnerable is also Breadman is race 2 at Bel. He’s my 4th selection at best in here. Good luck
  • RanchWest
    He’s my 4th selection at best in here. Good luckTony Kofalt

Ran right where we thought, 4th. Good call, Tony.
  • RanchWest
    I have some concerns about #1 Tough Tickets in R3 at BEL. Most indicators suggest this should be a winner. But last out the claim for 25k was voided. Now they come back after 42 days off for 16K. What's up with that? #4 and #5 look like possibles.
  • RanchWest
    7-1-5, the 5 came flying and lost by a neck at 6/1. The 1 went off at 3/5. 7 was 13/1.
  • Tony Kofalt
    Belmont 5-4
    Race 2- Life Changer (9-5)- is one of 4 in here with nearly identical projected figs. Beaten fav last 2.
  • RanchWest
    Belmont 5-5
    Race 9 Napoleonic War #3 had a trouble trip in a G3 last time, but will have to show me something better than he has.
  • RanchWest
    Belmont 5-5
    Race 9 Napoleonic War #3 had a trouble trip in a G3 last time, but will have to show me something better than he has.
    RanchWest

Won on a head bob.
  • RanchWest
    BEL 5-12

Race 5, Number 1

I respect Michael Maker and Anonymously probably has a shot in here as co-favorite on the morning line, but...

This horse has 5 consecutive races with either a gate problem or a fractious comment. 12 works since the last race (104 days ago), but not a single one from the gate.

Her speed ratings generally don't warrant favoritism, though my pace lines do show her with the best SR.

Not one to avoid entirely, but I'd be mighty nervous about a max wager with her as a single.
  • Tony Kofalt
    Vulnerable fav 5-12 Belmont

Race 5- Anonymously- figures to benefit from the class drop and the Irad/Maker combo insure heavy betting action.
  • RanchWest
    Tony, we got it right. Ran second.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Please register to see more

Forum Members always see the latest updates and news first. Sign up today.