• Conley
    Going to start this thread and see how it turns out (hopefully it can be winning and profitable)

Only 1 race per day (hence the ROTD) with quick analysis on my top 4 selections and also some suggested wagers

I will keep a tally going and there will probably be some days where I cannot commit to (working reasons) so that is probably why I won't post on those days

Good luck let's have fun and see where this takes us!!! :)
  • Conley
    2022 ROTD Thread

Day #1
    Penn National Race 6 OC $25k/N2X 6 Furlongs Dirt PT: 8:16pm EST

:3: Studio B 9/2
    Excellent form coming into this race and last race almost made it 3 in a row with a nose defeat; Even though he was a beaten favourite that day he had the highest last race speed rating; Switches to a higher % trainer and looks to be either right on the lead or just off of it to catch this field at a (hopefully) nice price!

:2: Zertz 7/2
    Lots of positives going in with a nice work (Dec 31st) and also supporting a good trainer/jockey; Could go off as the favourite and does have the chance to hit the board

:7: Broad Street Bully 6-1
    Knows this track well and hopefully can rebound off a 5th place finish in last race as the favourite

Win :3:

Exacta Box :2::3::7:
  • RanchWest
    6PEN 3 5 2 6 Should be a very contentious race.
  • William Zayonce
    Thinking the #1 might be in the mix.
  • Tony Kofalt
    Good idea Conley!!
    This is a fairly competitive race. If you watch the replay of Studio B's last race it's hard to believe he wasn't posted as the winner. I've watched 1000's of race at Pen and I don't miss many photos but I missed this one. I thought he won by nearly a neck.

My selection here is 2 Zertz at anywhere near the 7-2 M/L. Sure could see the 3 or 6 beating him but I believe he's set for a huge race. Maybe consider singling him with 7 Wicked Solution in race 9 in Horizontals
  • Dustin Korth
    I would have to go with #2 Zertz
    Set a new pace top off a long layoff which is a powerful form cycle pattern. Should be more compressed here with energy and show improved late run.
  • William Zayonce
    Very nice exacta Conley!
    Catching the 13/1 shot over your top choice!
  • Tony Kofalt
    Good job Conley!!
  • Conley
    Broad Street Bully went off at 13-1 to win and pay $28.70
    Studio B was 2nd and went off at 2-1 which was our top selection
    Zertz finished 3rd and as I projected he went off as the favourite at 7/5

The Exacta paid $66.90 which we only spent $6.00 on!

2022 ROTD Record Top Selection: 1-0-1-0 -2.00
    2022 Exotics Record: 1-1 +60.90

Thanks, William and Tony! Great way to start off the ROTD thread!
  • RanchWest
    Nice pick, Conley!
  • Conley
    2022 ROTD Thread

2022 ROTD Record Top Selection: 1-0-1-0 -2.00
    2022 Exotics Record: 1-1 +60.90

Day #2
    Gulfstream Park R9 OC $62k/C 5 Furlongs Turf (Temp Rail Distance set at 15 ft)

:9: Artemus Citylimits 7/2
    This gelding out of Temple City has been racing in New York in the last 3 races and to no surprise did well in those with 2 2nds and 1 3rd place finishes; Ships down to GP today where trainer Mike Maker has done well with shippers hitting at 18%/44%; Has the best last race speed rating and holds a good Best Turf Speed #er in this race and cutting back to 5 Furlongs makes him a threat to win it all

:1: Quick Tempo 4-1
    Even though 'Tempo has not raced in over 2 months you cannot be mad at what he is trying to accomplish in recent races; Sure the form might look off but if you watch the replays you can see that he is a horse that needs the lead and wants to hold onto it before he runs out of gas! This is the 3rd time Quick Tempo has tried turf in his career but cutting back in distance with the new jockey he could hit the board here today

:5: The Virginian 9/2
    Was chasing 3 wide in his most recent race where he just got beat by a head to finish 2nd around odds of 5-6 to 1; He shows that he can handle the Gulfstream Turf and trainer Steve Klesaris does good on Turf starters with a win percentage of 16% and an Itm percentage of 44%; Will have a fighting chance to beat them all turning for home

Win :9:

Exacta Box :1::5::9:
  • William Zayonce
    I like your analysis of this race. It is hard to overlook the positive jockey change on The Virginian though.
  • RanchWest
    5 9 1 3
    9GP 1/5/22
  • Conley
    I like your analysis of this race. It is hard to overlook the positive jockey change on The Virginian though.William Zayonce

Thanks William!

True the switch might help but Zayas is hitting at 17% while Castellano only 11%

See what happens man this is an excellent betting race to be in
  • Jim Pommier
    #5 The Virginian has scratched, so has the #6, and off the turf.

#7 Citrus Burst. Lanerie has been having an awful meet, but the entry looks to be well placed. Enough speed up front, should be able to close at a price.
    #9 Artemus Citylimits. See comments above.
    #3 Dubai Key. Duels with #1 Quick Tempo.

Win: #7
    Exacta Key Box: #7 - 9/3
    Tri: #7 - 9/3 - All. #9/3 - 7 - All.
  • Conley
    I'm just checking in to see how the track condition is and it's Sloppy Sealed

I have the #9 on top with the #1 underneath and now adding the #3

#9 to win

Exacta Box 1-3-9
  • Jim Pommier
    TVG earlier said moved to the AW Tapeta, not the main track.
  • Conley
    TVG earlier said moved to the AW Tapeta, not the main track.Jim Pommier

Yes, and the top 3 I have now have at least 1 win on the AW Tapeta!

See what happens and if we can hit another race here today
  • Conley
    :9: Artemus Citylimits finished a strong 3rd and went off at around 5/2

:1: Quick Tempo was the front runner till the stretch to finish 5th at 2-1 fav

:3: Dubai Key stalked the pace and ended up winning to pay $7.20

We were super close on the Exacta though today!

2022 ROTD Record Top Selection: 2-0-1-1 -4.00
    2022 Exotics Record: 2-1 +54.90
  • William Zayonce
    Jim Pommier
    You came close with the 7/1 horse. And the tri yields a small profit! Nice pick!
  • William Zayonce
    Conley.
    Solid choices all around ! First and third is not bad at all!
  • Conley
    2022 ROTD Thread

2022 ROTD Record Top Selection: 2-0-1-1 -4.00
    2022 Exotics Record: 2-1 +54.90

Day #3
    Aqueduct R8 FS Mdn$70k 1 Mile Dirt PT: 4:20pm EST

:3: Cape Cod Causeway 7/2
    With only 1 start on her belt in her winless career, she is going to try and break her record today with a maiden victory; She was wide in both turns (4 wide 1st and 3 wide 2nd turn) but managed to pick up a well deserved 4th place finish in her last start; She cuts slightly back in distance and racing in her 2nd route race where trainer Henning does well with that move (23%/45% +0.06) plus the addition of 1st time Lasix will definitely help her get the victory she needs today

:5: Rcaptivating 7/2
    Raced in the muddy track condition in her last start where she raced 3 and 5 wide in most parts of the race but she kept gaining to finish 2nd by only 1/2 length margin at a juicy 24-1; Luzzi stays on for the 4th time in a row and supported a highest last race speed rating; Can hit the board again

:8: Sunset Louise 9/2
    Has not raced in 46 days after she finished a poor 8th place in her 1st lifetime start here at the Big A; She stretches out today and also adds Lasix and a hot jockey Carmouche where in the past 7 days he supports a record of 19-6-4-2; I think she can recover from her last start and finish 2nd or 3rd at a nice price here

Win :3:

Exacta Box :3::5::8:
  • Jim Pommier
    You picked a tough one here. Can make a case for many of these.
    #8: Sunset Louise. Agree with your comments. Like her post off the rail where Carmouche can survey the inside horses. Like her chances today.
    #1A: Sweet Lies. Turf to Dirt, and 1st Lasix. JOrtiz doesn't return is a little concerning, but Motion is a solid trainer.
    #4. Know It All Audrey. Bobbled, bumped and stumbled at the gate in her three only starts. Can hit the board with a better start.
    #8 / 1A / 4.
  • RanchWest
    I have it the same way, 3 5 8 4 with a longshot on the 1.
  • Conley
    :3: Cape Cod Causeway ran on well but didn't hold to finish 5th at 7/2

:5: Rcaptivating was around to the very end to finish 4th as the co 2nd fav 7/2

:8: Sunset Louise ran a big race and mowed them down to pay $7.60 5/2 fav

2022 ROTD Record Top Selection: 3-0-1-1 -6.00
    2022 Exotics Record: 3-1 +48.90
  • Conley
    2022 ROTD Thread

2022 ROTD Record Top Selection: 3-0-1-1 -6.00
    2022 Exotics Record: 3-1 +48.90

Day #4
    Oaklawn Park R7 F Mdn$84k 6 Furlongs Dirt PT: 4:19pm EST

:5: Tap for Me 5/2
    Wow! What can I say! This horse shows up very strong in the program that I use and has a +17 point advantage over my next selection; Everything is positive for this horse with the sharp finish in last along with the drop-in class which helps even more; Also seeing that 'Tap has the highest last race speed rating and also that Asmussen does well with horses 46-90 days away (20%/49%); A excellent key to single in your Pick 5's here today

:11: Shoshoni Moon 8-1
    Right off the bat a lot of handicappers would look at this horse and toss her right away; Well what I say is that in both of her last 2 starts she ran 3-6 wide and that caused her to not finish in a positive finish position; I say ignore the negatives and focus on the positives here; Cuts back in distance from 1 1/16 mile to 6 Furlongs and also has a sharp 5 Furlong work on Dec 31st plus trainer Stephen Lyster is strong with horses 90+ days from last start (20%/44% +0.03); Hoping that Lyster and Garcia have this horse in a better position today and hits the board at a nice juicy price!

:10: Terranova 6-1
    This filly out of Verrazano ran a nice front running effort to just finish 2nd by 2 3/4 of a length and improved her speed figure by 15 whole points (BRIS); She adds blinkers on for today's race and if the pace is just as hot as it was the last start she can be long gone; Watching and putting in horizontals for sure

Win :5:

Exacta Box :5::10::11:
  • Jim Pommier
    I like your top 2 selections (+comments). First time starters, #6 and #12, are well placed here. Like the #6 workouts and post. #3 likes to hang around.
    TRI: #5 - 11/6/12 - 11/6/12/3. #6 - 5/11/12 - 5/11/12/3.
  • RanchWest
    1/7 OP R7
    5 6 10 12
  • William Zayonce
    Conley,
    Can't argue with your analysis. Might even consider a win bet on Shoshoni Moon.
  • RanchWest
    Firster wired 'em. 6 3 2 5
  • Conley
    :5: Tap for Me 5/2 got checked early and almost came in 3rd as the fav

:11: Shoshoni Moon 8-1 was in 5th-6th place 1st half faded after at 9-1

:10: Terranova 6-1 ran a good front running effort ran out of gas 8th at 15-1
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment